Sika® ViscoCrete®-20 HE TH
High Performance Superplasticizer
Sika® ViscoCrete®-20 HE TH is a third generation superplasticizer for concrete and mortar. It meets the requirements for high range water reducing superplasticizer according to ASTM C494.
Sika® ViscoCrete®-20 HE TH as a powerful superplasticizer acts through several different mechanisms including surface adsorption and sterical effects separating the binder particles. The following advantageous properties are achieved:
- Pronounced increase in the early strength development, resulting in very economic stripping times for precast and in situ concrete
- Extremely powerful water reduction, resulting in high density, high strength and reduced permeability for water etc.
- Superior plasticising effect, resulting in improved flowability, placing and compacting behaviour.
- Reduced energy costs for steam cured precast elements
- Especially suitable for the production of Self Compacting Concrete (SCC) Improved shrinkage and creep behaviour
- Reduced closure times for repairs to roads and runways
- Does not contain chlorides or any other ingredients which promote the corrosion of steel. It is therefore suitable for use in reinforced and prestressed concrete structures.