Nail adhesive is a general-purpose adhesive that has better adhesion properties than general adhesive. It used for bonding various materials in construction, repair and decoration instead of hammering nails or drilling with screws. Sika’s nail adhesive products provide high and fast adhesion strength, quick drying, no odor, good adhesion to a variety of materials. Nowadays, nail adhesive is gaining more importance due to new materials, new methods of building and increasing time pressure. Examples range from the simple bonding of wooden laths, plaster or insulation boards, attached picture frames or mirror, to the bonding of facade elements and structural reinforcement etc.
Sika’s nail adhesive products are divided into two types as below.
- Water Based used to install lightweight materials, interior use and exterior that is not exposed to sunlight.
- Polyurethane Based use for bonding medium weight materials. It can be used both interior and exterior. In case of heavy weight, please use temporary fixation.
Thanks to Sika's Silane Terminated Polymer (STP) technology, Sikaflex®-118 Extreme Grab is a nail adhesives sealant that offer excellent adhesion performance to conventional building materials and has good adhesion properties to all surfaces, quickly curing, can be painted over and excellent chemical resistance.
Why Nail Adhesives Lead to a More Powerful Bond Compared to Mechanical Fixing
- Fewer tools
- Clean installation
- No initial fixing
- No object damage
- Installation on uneven surfaces
- Good indoor air quality, lowest VOC
- Stress compensation and transfer
- No humidity bewteen objects
- No corrosion