Sheet membrane systems are reliable and durable thermoplastic waterproofing solutions that can fulfill the requirements of even the most demanding below-ground structures, including those exposed to highly aggressive ground conditions and stress.
Sheet Membrane Systems Are Designed to Withstand Exposure and Stress Extremes Such As
High level of water pressure
Aggressive ground water containing chemicals (sulphates and chlorides in solution)
Unequal static forces due to settlements or uplift
Dynamic forces due to earthquakes
Sika’s Sheet Membrane Systems Have Many Advantages
- Sikaplan® PVC and TPO highly flexible sheet membrane systems protect any concrete structure - can be built as standard single layer compartment systems up to the active control system to meet the highest demands.
- SikaProof®, a fully-bonded TPO membrane system, offers customers high waterproofing safety and installation efficiency and is typically used for basements or below-grade areas.
- We provide accessories and special detailing solutions down to very complex details.
- Our systems are either compartmentalized, active-controlled or fully-bonded, which limits water underflow in case of local leaks due to damage / perforated membrane during or after construction work.
- Resistant to many chemicals, our sheet membrane systems ensure high protection to the concrete, against aggressive gases or even groundwater with seawater.
- Water tightness of the entire system before concreting and backfilling is guaranteed thanks to high quality control on site with double-welded seams. Testing is possible with compressed air, vacuums and electronic detectors.
- Very high flexibility of sheet membranes allow easy installation and completion of details that results in faster membrane installation.
- Fast application is possible even at low temperatures, as our solutions do not require any curing/waiting times nor primers.
- Long-term track record with over 45 years of experience and extensive test reports confirm high performance, security and reliability of Sika membrane waterproofing systems, which ensures a very long service life of the waterproofed basement or below-grade structure.
Explore Our Product Range
Typical Application Fields for Our Membranes
Highly flexible membrane systems protect any concrete structure up to the highest requirements.
Loose laid Sikaplan® PVC and TPO sheet membrane systems are designed for long-term durability and can be built as standard single layer compartment systems up to the active control system and highest demands.
SikaProof®, a fully-bonded TPO membrane system offers customers high waterproofing safety and installation efficiency, typically used for basements.
A tunnel structure has to be waterproofed either with a drainage system, a waterstop system or with the active control system for highest safety comprising a double layer membrane and tested by vacuum.
Sikaplan® PVC and TPO sheet membrane systems are designed for long-term durability and ease of application to meet these needs. They include accessories and special solutions down to the most complex details.