Bitumen, also known as asphalt, is a sticky, black and highly viscous liquid or semi-solid form of petroleum. Thanks to its waterproofing qualities, it is widely used in construction. Bituminous membranes are perfect for waterproofing roofs, basements, below-ground structures, bridges and other structures.
Explore Our Product Range
Typical Application Fields for Bitumen
Sika's Bitumen Technologies
Post-applied Bituminous Membranes
With this unique system, the most common challenges on waterproofing below ground structures are overcome, providing an effective, easy and simple application for all seasons and job requirements.
- Easy to applied: Minimum substrate preparation
- Fast installation: Can be applied on green concrete
- All seasons: Application can continue once the rain stops
- Safe to install: Application in confined spaces and/or walls is simple, easy and effective
- Fully bonded: Completely adhered to the substrate
- High adhesion: Excellent peel adhesion to the concrete surface
Self-adhesive Bituminous Tapes
Sika also has self-adhesive, polymer-modified bituminous sealing tapes which are laminated with aluminum foil on the upper side and contain no reinforcement.
Sika® MultiSeal AP
- Sealing and repairing building cracks, roofs, sheet metal work, bituminous felts and other types of roofing sheet membranes
- No torch needed
- Excellent watertightness
- Multi-purpose tape
- Flexible and easy to apply
- Safer, faster installation